A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

John Yeoman John Yeoman

A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

This post was updated on .
I've just had the privilege of lunching at my lakeside pub with SPP member Viktor Steiner, all the way from Switzerland. A few weeks previously I lunched there with SPP members Anthony Mettivier (from Berlin) and Phil Howlette (from Australia). Great joy was shared by all. I'm thinking of hanging a plaque above the patio: 'Yeoman's Table'.

If you plan to be in central England, email me (just click on my name above) and maybe we can meet at the lake. The beer is good, the food passable and the Slovak waitress Christina quite exceptional.

Picture below shows me, invisible under the table.

Picture shows me, invisible under the table
KF KF

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

A pint of wine. Wow!
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

The offer holds, KF, provided you buy the first pint

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Good afternoon John,
How on earth do you find time to have pub lunches,
Do you keep  Libby the story writing fairy in your new shed.
Leaving her slaving away while you make merry.

Peggles
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Nay, Peggles. I rarely leave my new shed. Why? I have installed a wondrous stained glass window there. It depicts me plus a wicked a person in the shrubbery. Look closely in the top right hand corner and you'll see him.

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Very smart John,
Yes I made you out,

Peggles
Alison Rome Alison Rome

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Alas John

The scribe in the picture foreground cannot be your good self. There is no hat upon his noggin.

Alison
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

The satyr ate it, Alison, That's why he's grinning.
Coach Moe Coach Moe

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Hi John,

I may plan a trip just so I can enjoy a pint of wine with you.  Now, that's my kind of lunch.  Hugs, Moe
Greyowl Greyowl

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Yes, after a pleasant double-decker bus ride through scenic Buckinghamshire villages, I turned up as agreed on your new home ground, John (BTW: I find an old address in your emails); a very pretty place you've found, at least when the sun's shining and the ducks are waddling around between the Mums with strollers.
I was at first puzzled by meeting a rather different galericulate geriatric who was hovering around on the agreed patio; he was very willing to chat – unilaterally – stressing the malignance of fate and the advantage of not having his good lady wife around rather than the joys of writing, if I understood him correctly.
So, I was all the more grateful when the manager – and said Slovak waitress – introduced me to you.
It was good, over lamb chops and lemonade with lime (I forewent the ale), to exchange some ideas and experiences about book writing, editing and publishing. I have a lot to learn. Interestingly, we had similarly puzzled reactions to the soaring success of such writers as Umberto Eco and Hilary Mantel. Thanks for the tip to explore the books of Robert Harris and for the contact addresses you passed on.
I can only recommend such an encounter to other SPP members.
Viktor Steiner aka Vince Rockston.
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

It was a joy to meet you, Greyowl! Yes, it must have been a trifle vexing to bump into the Little Grey Man upon arrival. He's harmless, a trifle demented and perambulates the square in all weathers, remarking to everyone "Nice weather". Unlike myself, of course. But he has given me ideas for many a story. (Especially when he once confided to me that he's Lord Lucan.)

The invitation remains open to any SPP member to join me for lunch beside the lake. Come spring, I might even introduce you to my Secret Cove, known only to herons. The downside is that you have to bring your own folding stool, sandwiches and a flagon of wine .

ErnieB ErnieB

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

A good pint awaits anyone visiting the "even" more central England. If anyone would like a tour of Stratford on Avon: A walk around Warwick or a climb up the battlements of Kenilworth Castle (damn that Cromwell) Just drop me a line and I will be happy to oblige..but! There is always a "but" in a plotline, I'm having an old knee replaced with a new one in November..so this might have to wait until January..
But if it's just a good old pint you are looking for..I'm your man.And no I wasn't drunk when I took the picture
Kenilworth Castle (post Cromwell)
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Just thinking laterally, Ernie!
grace grace

Re: A good pint awaits you when you visit central England!

Sounds great John!