Emails by Pat Linum.

Pat Linum Pat Linum

Emails by Pat Linum.

Emails by Pat Linum

I am so excited eldest daughter; Margaret is coming to see me tomorrow. I have just received an email from her. I love emails. My son got me this computer and I spend ages sending and getting emails I never feel lonely. He has sot me that thing where I can speak to my other daughter and her family in Australia and see them. They can see me and it doesn’t cost a thing. It’s amazing.
That Goggle thing is amazing as well. I look up anything that interests me and its all there with pictures and films. My Ernest, died five years ago, on November 14th but I could not, for the life of me, remember what day of the week it was. So I looked it up and it was a Sunday, the funeral was the following Friday. He always joked that we could all be dead and buried within the week!
I’ve heard all his jokes before but his granddaughter, Jamie, still laughed at them.
When I looked up the cause of death the doctor had put down;  flu virus.
That is strange really because after we turned sixty we had our flu jabs every year. But I should be ok because my son says he has given me some sort of antivirus which oddly enough is on my computer.
So Margaret is coming and as she stays all day I had better go shopping. I do tend to be a bit forgetful nowadays, however I can write a list on this computer and press a button and it prints it off for me to take to the corner shop. Maria, who works there, is very kind to me she will take my list and put the shopping in my bag for me. Last week she asked me if I really wanted a ton of broad beans. My spelling!
I thought I would email Margaret and ask her what she would like to eat for lunch and what time in the morning I should put the kettle on. So I switched on my computer clicked on Write, typed Margaret.@writers.com, did the note and sent it off. I sat and watched the screen for her reply and within a moment or two it went ping and I opened up her note. It said:
“Dear Mum
If you think back it was last week I emailed you to say I was coming and when I arrived you were not expecting me because for some reason my email went into your Junk mail which you didn’t check. I will telephone you later about tomorrow.
 Love Margaret”
Well I never expected to have to look through my dustbin for emails, so the telephone it is.

Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Ha, ha
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Now there's brilliant writing for you, Short and to the point. I thought you would get it from Emails

In a message dated 05/08/2016 12:35:43 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Ha, ha

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/Emails-by-Pat-Linum-tp6511p6512.html
To unsubscribe from Emails by Pat Linum., click here.
NAML

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Hello Pat,
Very funny gave me a good laugh

peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Thankyou lol

In a message dated 05/08/2016 12:41:40 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello Pat,
Very funny gave me a good laugh

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/Emails-by-Pat-Linum-tp6511p6514.html
To unsubscribe from Emails by Pat Linum., click here.
NAML
e.thoday e.thoday

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Dear Pat, I did enjoy your story Emails. I like its humour. Imagine looking in your dustbin for emails and ordering a ton of baked beans! Thank you for the nice things you said about A Cat Called Sam! I haven't done any writing lately I am afraid. Must get back. Nearly forgot my password and thought I was locked out of Penpal forever! Still can't believe John is no longer with us but he has left us a wonderful legacy, Elizabeth.
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

my email pp seems to be gone. pass it around

PL

In a message dated 08/08/2016 17:47:19 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Dear Pat, I did enjoy your story Emails. I like its humour. Imagine looking in your dustbin for emails and ordering a ton of baked beans! Thank you for the nice things you said about A Cat Called Sam! I haven't done any writing lately I am afraid. Must get back. Nearly forgot my password and thought I was locked out of Penpal forever! Still can't believe John is no longer with us but he has left us a wonderful legacy, Elizabeth.

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/Emails-by-Pat-Linum-tp6511p6527.html
To unsubscribe from Emails by Pat Linum., click here.
NAML
e.thoday e.thoday

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Hi. Pat, I did enjoy your aritcle about emails. Yes, I have fun with mine too, Elizabeth.
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Emails by Pat Linum.

Hi

Forgive me if I have told you already. I have started a web page called 'story-pen-pal.com' with a link to a discussion page.
As you will see this is an attempt to keep JY's legacy in the writers eye. John's daughter has given me her blessing but contacting members is a problem. If this is of interest to you please give me, in confidence, an email address where I can contact you and also pass this message on.

Many thanks

Paul M aka Pat Linum

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/Emails-by-Pat-Linum-tp6511p6655.html