FLASH FICTION CONTEST

I wondered what was happening to this month's round.
I didn't enter myself but have enjoyed reading the   great stories .
I suppose after this one there will be no more flash fiction contests

Such a shame.

peggles

Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Hello

Sounds like you've given up on PP. I would hope to help in this.

PL
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

By that I mean help keep it going not help in giving it up.

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

This post was updated on .
Hello Pat,

NO NEVER.

I was only thinking how disappointed  the members who entered this month would be .

Peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Good stuff See my latest post

Paul Minty (let's use real names)

In a message dated 24/07/2016 12:19:53 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello Pat,

NO NEVER.

I was only thinking how disappointment the members who entered this month would be so disappointed.

Peggles

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6378.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Got it

In a message dated 24/07/2016 12:15:16 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
By that I mean help keep it going not help in giving it up.

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6377.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Never. Please see my post to the family. Treading gently

Paul Minty ( Real names please)

In a message dated 24/07/2016 12:13:45 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello

Sounds like you've given up on PP. I would hope to help in this.

PL

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6376.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Good afternoon Paul,

I shall pass on all messages as soon as I have further emails from John's family
I don't want to bombard them with emails just now.

Have you found the site has adverts all over and sometimes  drifts off to an advertising page and I have to start the replies all over. It can't be that any subcriptions from myself are due as John made me an honerary  non fee paying member as well as a moderator when the site opened.

My true name is Peggy my family call me Peggles which is why I use that on the Internet.

My Sunday name is Margaret saved for paying bills and anyone else who wants my money.

Peggy

stillmind stillmind

Nabble ads, competition, and more

Hi Peggles
I suspect John had a blanket agreement with Nabble, paid monthly, to keep the ads off the site. Perhaps as moderator you could contact Nabble to find out what as a group we can do?

For this month's competition perhaps we could ask the members to rate each story (1 to 10 say) and the scores added up to reveal the winner. Of course this means it would be a popular story rather than one based on technical or literary excellence.
What are your thoughts? I would be open to other ideas of course.

Maybe later, once the family has more time, we could approach them about ways to keep the site operating. I know this sounds a selfish motive but for me it would serve as a way of preserving and continuing John's work and more importantly his memory.
Cheers
Phill.H
Australia
Best Wishes from
Phill.H
Dairn Undah (New South Wales Australia)

Re: Nabble ads, competition, and more

Hello ,
This is a great idea.
It will keep members involved and possible be a boost taking part.

Do you think it is possible to compile a list of members interested in taking an active part in running the site.
Also another list of those willing to stay on the forum.
There may of course be financial comments needed certainly at first. These will be only estimated at this time.

I feel we need numbers settled to approach this massive task.

When the dust has settled I will find out as much as I can and pass this on.

What are the general thoughts

Peggles

Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Nabble ads, competition, and more

I agree 100%

Paul M

In a message dated 27/07/2016 08:46:46 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello ,
This is a great idea.
It will keep members involved and possible be a boost taking part.

Do you think it is possible to compile a list of members interested in taking an active part in running the site.
Also another list of those willing to stay on the forum.
There may of course be financial comments needed certainly at first. These will be only estimated at this time.

I feel we need numbers settled to approach this massive task.

When the dust has settled I will find out as much as I can and pass this on.

What are the general thoughts

Peggles

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6410.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: Nabble ads, competition, and more

Spot on Phil

Paul M

In a message dated 27/07/2016 03:18:32 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
[...]

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6405.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: Nabble ads, competition, and more

Hello
I know John had help in deciding the winners of each months flash fiction contest.

There are many excellent entrants for this round.

Would it be possible for the best in the remaining judges opinion to be posted"

I know it would only be for fun but I am sure it would be a chin up for present down hearted members .

Peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

weird this landed today 3.8.2016

PM

In a message dated 24/07/2016 16:31:00 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Good afternoon Paul,

I shall pass on all messages as soon as I have further emails from John's family
I don't want to bombard them with emails just now.

Have you found the site has adverts all over and sometimes  drifts off to an advertising page and I have to start the replies all over. It can't be that any subcriptions from myself are due as John made me an honerary  non fee paying member as well as a moderator when the site opened.

My true name is Peggy my family call me Peggles which is why I use that on the Internet.

My Sunday name is Margaret saved for paying bills and anyone else who wants my money.

Peggy

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6387.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Why weird Pat?

It's taken a long time to get to you.

Peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

No Dearest

This is the 2nd time I have received it.

Paul M

In a message dated 03/08/2016 12:21:11 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Why weird Pat?

It's taken a long time to get to you.

Peggles

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6488.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Well I'm jiggerd  how about that?

Peggles
Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

I'd definitely like the flash fiction contest to continue here. There may be a question mark over the judging. I believe JY passed on his selection to a couple of friends to make the final choice. I'm not sure if these people were rewarded for their services, or if they were just doing a personal favour. Either way, it may be problematical to continue with this judging format.

I've seen flash fiction contests elsewhere on social media where the entrants cast a vote for their favorite (of course, they can't vote for their own story). The best provide anonymous posting of entries. I think this helps those voting to concentrate on the merits of each individual story rather than the authors' reputation.

Does anyone think this kind of format would work here going forward.
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Excellent

PL

In a message dated 03/08/2016 14:11:35 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
I'd definitely like the flash fiction contest to continue here. There may be a question

I've seen flash fiction contests elsewhere on social media where the entrants cast a vote for their favorite (of course, they can't vote for their own story). The best provide anonymous posting of entries. I think this helps those voting to concentrate on the merits of each individual story rather than the authors' reputation.

Does anyone think this kind of format would work here going forward.

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6491.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Are you sure?
lol

jiggered

 (redirected from well, I'll be jiggered)
Also found in: Thesaurus.

jiggered

 (ˈdʒɪɡəd)
adj (postpositive)
1. informal damned; blowed: I'm jiggered if he'll get away with it.
2. (sometimes foll by up) dialect Scot and Northern English tired out
[C19: probably euphemism for buggered; see bugger]
In a message dated 03/08/2016 12:38:51 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Well I'm jiggerd  how about that?

Peggles

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6490.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Paul you really are a sauce pot.

My jiggerd  means my goodness

Peggles

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

I can see that working

Peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Dear Lady; I am sure your virtuosity could be tested by reverse axinomancy.

In a message dated 03/08/2016 14:27:53 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Paul you really are a sauce pot.

My jiggerd  means my goodness

Peggles

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6494.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Wow!

peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

hi peg did u get this pl?

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Hello Paul

I get server overloaded

Peggy

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Aug 2016, at 17:26, Pat Linum [via Story PenPal] <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi peg did u get this pl?

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6637.html
To unsubscribe from FLASH FICTION CONTEST, click here.
NAML
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: FLASH FICTION CONTEST

test only

In a message dated 21/08/2016 19:39:46 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello Paul

I get server overloaded

Peggy

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Aug 2016, at 17:26, Pat Linum [via Story PenPal] <<A title=http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6638&amp;i=0 href="mip://0c184500/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6638&amp;i=0" rel=nofollow target=_top link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/FLASH-FICTION-CONTEST-tp6375p6638.html