Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

CMJordan CMJordan

Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

Hello Again
Think maybe I'm out of place here.

Not a bad thing it just "is what it is".

I have received no feedback or reads for quite some time , as well as, responses to my critiques to others posts.
I am therefore going to sign off.
It happens! I will leave this up for a few days before cancelling as I noted that once I do "all" my posts are deleted.

I did not just want to disappear with no explanation although not sure it would be noticed any way...lol
Leave me to my pity party. I was unsure about joining in the first place, as I have not been a writer of fiction to date.
I may come back in the future and try again, we'll see.

I want to wish everyone good luck with your stories, you have lot's of really great ones up and coming.
Who knows our paths may cross in the future.

May all be Blessed
Carol

PS, sorry wanted this posted in the lounge but can't figure out how to find permalink!!!

Re: Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

I'm sorry to hear this, CM. I enjoyed your story (the contest entry) that I critiqued, and hope you will keep writing. May I suggest you hold off just a little on your decision, and maybe ask yourself some questions to help confirm it, or not?

For example, do you feel that the feedback you have gotten has been helpful to you?

One possible reason for not getting comments on your feedback could be if you posted it on older posts. Not a thing wrong with that, and I for one try to keep up on feedback I'm given, but it's possible the original poster isn't aware there's new feedback.

Also, it seems (understandably) that activity often picks up on the weekend, so maybe you could see if things have changed by Monday or thereabouts.

If you do decide to leave us, I'll miss you!
CMJordan CMJordan

Re: Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

Thank you John (I assume) for moving this post!

Thank you Bea.
Yes I will definitely keep writing.
Gonna finish my book (contest entry was an excerpt from).
Will still be around a bit as going to continue with Johns fiction course and there is a great deal of information and education here.

Best of luck Bea
Carol
CMJordan CMJordan

Re: Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

I got wonderful feedback at first and really felt I was going to fit but as I re-editied and posted there were few reads and zero posts. so, not really sure.

It was inspiring at first but disheartening to keep going back and see no readers or responses.

That's when i started doubting my writing as relevant to the site.

Reality is, if no interest or other writers can not connect to my stories - I'm in the wrong place.

It is not a bad thing, it just is!

Hard to find the inspiration to keep writing and posting more if no one is reading anyway.

Kinda crazy trying to be a non-fiction in amoungest fiction don't you think?

Carol
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: Good luck Everyone. Keep writing!

I'm reading, I'm reading!  But yes, it's probably less motivating for a reader to address the same passage, when it's presented successively in revised versions. Hence, the limited feedback you've seen on those passages. And the forum is not really for non-fiction writers, as you've said. But every success with your future writing!