Greetings from Berlin!

Anthony Metivier Anthony Metivier

Greetings from Berlin!

Hey everyone,

Just a quick hello and introduction.

I've been writing since they thrust a scrapbook in front of me. At that time it was writing in hieroglyphics using images pilfered from catalogues.

In grade four, I wrote my first novel on the classroom computer. The disk I saved it on was approximately the size of my current laptop's screen.

I wrote in grade seven as part of a team called Metal Militia. These terrible tales we hid in my backyard behind some plywood. They were soon pinkled on by rats.

By age 14, I'd discovered photocopiers and was soon sending 'zines around the world, sometimes returning to those early fascinations with hieroglyphics. Other times, abusing typewriters.

Eventually, novels, poetry collections, academic journal articles. All painful stuff to read, I assure you.

Lately, my fictional interest has been in producing potboilers. It's a long story why, but some of it has to do with work conducted as a story consultant. Hey, some of those films actually got made.

Can't consult on my own stories worth a damn however ...

Look forward to hanging out. :)
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: Greetings from Berlin!

Welcome, Anthony! Last time we corresponded, you were cooling your pinkies in the Dead Sea. You'll find this a sane and friendly place.

Re: Greetings from Berlin!

Hello Anthony.

Welcome to penpal

Peggles
PJ Reece PJ Reece

Re: Greetings from Berlin!

Anthony...

Isn't that the truth. We can't see quite so well what we're doing with our own stories. I guess that's because writing is more fun when we begin organically, which leads us down into storylines less traveled, which, while fun, may not serve the whole. And it takes someone else to tell us that doesn't work. I look forward to reading your stories. Cheers. ~ PJ
engemi ferreira engemi ferreira

Re: Greetings from Berlin!

Hello there Anthony of the fine memory and many languages

You are most welcome on John's innovative SPP where all of us are inspired to write, even if we do not write here. Your writing journey sounds like mine, and the secret is if you knew from the start you are a writer it will out sometime. Even if you have to publish your first story at 42, like I did. I never stopped writing, I just never published a novel again until now.

Also, I think we are not supposed to consult on our own stories. But we have to believe in them; who else will?

engemi