Hi from Australia

Anthea Anthea

Hi from Australia

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. (I've never actually participated in any forum).

I have two small children and write in fits and starts as time allows.
At the moment I'm working on a young adult fantasy novel. I also write short stories when I'm too tired to hold all the threads of my novel in my head.

Look forward to meeting and writing with you,

Anthea
Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: Hi from Australia

Hi, Anthea. I look forward to reading some of your short stories if you have the time and inclinations to post them up here. Or, why not enter John's Flash Fiction Contest? I'm sure John would be only too pleased to send the $50 winner's prize winging its way to Oz

Re: Hi from Australia

Welcome, Anthea. I love your name! Glad to have you here. I'm looking forward to reading some of your work.
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: Hi from Australia

Welcome, Anthea. We have quite a few members here from Australia. Is it something in the water, do you think?  Do post passages of your work here. We'd love to read it.
ErnieB ErnieB

Re: Hi from Australia

Hi Anthea
There are quite a few of us use the title 'Short Story Writer' because we say we haven't got the time (or as in my case at the moment, the skills) to write a novel. There's a place for short stories everywhere, journals, magazines and competitions.
Let us see what you are writing, join your fellow short story writers and one by one we can climb the steps to a novel together.

Ernie
Anthea Anthea

Re: Hi from Australia

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.
I hope to post something soon.

rasti17 rasti17

Re: Hi from Australia

Welcome Anthea. I wrote a few short storiesm5 years ago but cannot offer advice. Thought ut would be nice for someone to say  welcome
RosannaMarie RosannaMarie

Re: Hi from Australia

Welcome, Anthea!! It's a fun site and the people are great. Rosanna Marie

ChiomaIwunzeIbiam ChiomaIwunzeIbiam

Re: Hi from Australia

Hello Anthea,

Welcome to the group. You'll like it here.

I have two small children too and it's so hard to write when you're tired.

I look forward to reading your work..

Best regards,
Chioma Iwunze-Ibiam

Re: Hi from Australia

Hello Anthea,

Welcome to the penpal. You'll enjoy your time  here.

peggles
ErnieB ErnieB

Re: Hi from Australia

Best wishes on joining the group Anthea, as you can see we are truly international and that allows us to have critique from so many different cultural aspects of writing.
Welcome
Ernie
abit2kish abit2kish

Re: Hi from Australia

Hello Anthea!

Oklahoma here.

New as well, I'm enjoying my foray back into learning to write. Seems like I relearn everything 2 or 3 times. I guess eventually, it will stick ;)

Nice to see you here. Hope to get to know you better as time goes by.

BTW, my favorite genre to read is Urban Fantasy. So, look forward to your chapters.

Blessings, Peg