How to write a cover letter

Hello all,
I have completed my 76500 fiction novel.
I have the synopsis prepared, much thanks to Johns guidance.
I now need to compose a cover letter in the correct form.Can any member  help as to what to put in and leave out? I know it's important to  make a good impression.

Re: How to write a cover letter

Congratulations, Peggles! I recently had to write a cover letter, and I didn't really have a clue how to. I looked it up online until I found some that I thought were good; I think I may have combined elements of two. I'm sorry I don't have the links at hand to send you, but I think if you look it up and check out enough, you'll find what you need.

Another factor to consider: Perhaps some of the places you're going to send it to have their own format for a cover letter, or at lease some information they definitely want. So you could check that out, too.

I wish you the very best with your novel!

Re: How to write a cover letter

Thank you, Bea. I have been searching came across a few sample ones. But can't find anything that feels right yet.

I shall keep on looking

peggles
Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: How to write a cover letter