I am definitely IN

stillmind stillmind

I am definitely IN

I am definitely IN to keeping the forum going. If we can somehow keep John's 'teaching program' and the monthly contest going that would be a bonus.
Regards
Phill Howlette
Australia
Best Wishes from
Phill.H
Dairn Undah (New South Wales Australia)

Re: I am definitely IN

Hello,
I know the complete writers village course is on auto send for weekly lessons .So apart from a little adjustments to the introduction  invitation it might with the family's permission be possible to keep it going.

I thought that the idea of standing order for subscriptions a good idea as this would avoid the PayPal charge.

Peggles

Re: I am definitely IN

There would be a big difference in the WVA, though, since there wouldn't be John's input on the 'homework assignments'.

Re: I am definitely IN

Hello,
John had not been doing the home work assignments for some time.
His wife attended to the day to day running.
My guess is he was starting to feel the work was too much.
He suggested students posted assignment on penpal with him popping in once in a while.
It did change the responses as his reviews were so helpful and students felt it was a plus in joining and a great loss not having one to one contact. But his health rightly had to come first.
The writers villages own forum has been dead in the water for a long long time. I did try to revive some feedback once or twice to no avail.

However as I said recently the full  course is on auto release weekly so it might be possible to resurrect it in some form.

Peggles
Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: I am definitely IN

If subscriptions are used just to cover costs and contingencies, there shouldn't be any significant PayPal charges. The main PayPal business charge is applied when you draw out money from the account (as opposed to paying into another PayPal account, which will be the case for charges for hosting, nabble, aweber, domain renewals etc.) I think that the PayPal recurring payment system is much more suited to the way SPP operates.
JLauren JLauren

Re: I am definitely IN

Thank you for the update Peggles.
If we all commit to posting 3 responses for every post we make this could possibly be revived.
Jeanine

Re: I am definitely IN

Good idea  if the forum has plenty of responses it will stay active

Peggles

Re: I am definitely IN

I thought I had better add my name to the stay in list

Peggles
Alison Rome Alison Rome

Re: I am definitely IN

Hi Phil

I would just like to add my name to the list of those that would like to keep the forum going. Not sure how I may be of help (ask my kids, I'm not the most techy savvy). But anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes
Alison Rome

Re: I am definitely IN

I'm in too. I commented in a bit more detail over on Libby's post.