Just saying Hello!

RogerF RogerF

Just saying Hello!

Just dropped in to say Hello! I am a retired Nurse/Psychotherapist who is finally following his dream of being a writer, and who is lucky enough to live in the beautiful Vosges in Lorraine, which is in  North Eastern France. I look forward to getting to know you better as we move forward, to making my contribution and to learning and growing with you. Where am I with my writing, some of you might be wondering? Well me too, I guess. I am just starting to enjoy the process and the adventure of `Editing`; a prospect that used to seriously intimidate me. `This is where I find out it`s no good again` I used to think. `Au contraire mes amis`, It is the wonderful place where we discover how to make our story the best it can be. I imagine that that is progress of some sort. Sorry that I can`t stay to chat for longer. Got to get back to that writing thing. Happy writing!

Re: Just saying Hello!

Hello and welcome Roger,
I am sure you will find many writers at different levels of writing.
It is a friendly, helpful site.
Try a short post and you will see.

Peggles.

John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: Just saying Hello!

Welcome, Roger. It''s wonderful to see you here. All our members, apart from me, seem to live in romantic or exotic places. (Or does a place seem exotic only if we haven't visited it?) You'll find a wealth of writing friends here, and great support.
Coach Moe Coach Moe

Re: Just saying Hello!

Welcome to Pen Pals, Roger.  I'm sure you will enjoy reading and critiquing other Pal's writing and getting feedback, as well.  I was a bit intimidated at first but not any more.  Everyone is very supportive and I know I am becoming a better writer as a result.  Can't wait to see some of your work.  Hugs, Moe
RogerF RogerF

Re: Just saying Hello!

Hi Mo,

Thanks for the warm welcome. So far, I am happy to report that the more I look around the more I like what I see. There are some seriously good writers here, and the critiquing seems considered, constructive, and in some cases quite inspiring. I shall do my best to keep up.
Happy writing.
RogerF RogerF

Re: Just saying Hello!

Hello John,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Starting to find my way around and discovering some warm, wonderful and talented folk who don`t seem in the least to mind sharing the depth and rich tapestry of their writing experience. I am most appreciative of the generosity and willingness to help,that I am finding here. .....This is good stuff John. Nice to be here.
RogerF RogerF

Re: Just saying Hello!

Hello Peggles,

Have started to look around
Kinda like what I see,
Generous writers
And helpers they be
Not just here, or there,
But all around me..............

Having a good time and saying `Thanks` for the warm welcome.
engemi ferreira engemi ferreira

Re: Just saying Hello!

But John, please tell
how much more romantic, even exotic should a place sound like than:
The Old School House
Ivinghoe Aston
Leighton Buzzard Beds LU7 9DP
UNITED KINGDOM
I swear I positively dream about the picture it has painted in my mind, so don't be jealous.
The exotic veneer only wears off a little as we become used to living in it. But go visit another place and you'll remember your own old school house under that same romantic cloud with which you fell in love the first time you saw its face.
Remember?
Haha, I know you're only pandering to our sympathies ...
engemi
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: Just saying Hello!

Ho, Engemi, the dream is brighter than the fact. Yes, we have idyllic views across the Chiltern hills, 18thc beams, ghosts in the attic and hollyhocks by the door. But, oh, the rising damp! Eden is best enjoyed in reminiscence. Which is why my wife recently insisted that we move... (More anon .)
engemi ferreira engemi ferreira

Re: Just saying Hello!

Indeed it is like you wrote, Roger
Helping writers al around, mon cher.
Maybe it's you who will bring romance
into this forum, with song and dance
seeing you mentioned somewhere else
you live in the place of magical spells;
North of Paris - the city of laughter and ... ah yes
all those half dreamed, half forgotten stories to be told
Please inspire us all, if you dare
engemi