NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

Hi Margaret,
PLEASE ADD YOUR THOUGHTS TO THIS THREAD.

From my conversations with Robert (aka Alex Rosel) I've discovered a lot more about the inner workings of the website and forum. The fact that people's subscriptions have run out shouldn't affect their access to the website or forum, as there wasn't a direct link between the Paypal account and the website. I think John would manually change people's access privileges. The SPP forum is an open forum (as I myself can post on it as a member of the public).

The lack of activity I think may sadly be down to people wandering away without the regular interaction from John (blog posts/forum posts/emails) to prompt them to come online and engage. The uncertainty of the future will also not help. I am in discussion with a creative writer blogger who has expressed interest in getting involved, I have not put it to him yet but will propose to him that he could take the forum under his wing, and perhaps organise the Flash Fiction competitions and keep things going in a similar manner to they did in the past. Would that sound like a good option to you?

Kind regards,
Libby

my reply to libby.

thank you for replying.

I don't know if Alex is still interested in taking over .I suppose he may let the members know his thoughts in due time.

There is a plan B in the process of developing  between myself and Paul.

hope you and your family are well.

Margaret

Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

Hello

As Peg has already there is work going on to prepare a plan B to try and keep John's work going but only if it is with your blessing and in our abilities. The web page is not finished and I am hoping to go over it with Rob on Sunday. (suprise suprise Rob)

You are welcome to see the progress:

  http://story-pen-pal.2356831.n4.nabble.com/

story-pen-pal.com

Best wishes

Re: NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

Great news Pat.

Re: NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

I have an important question regarding the forum being public. Is it not necessary to have a password to read this forum? I'm referring to this forum, not to his obviously public Writers Village site, which includes the Wicked Blog.

This is important because if this forum is actually accessible to all, and not strictly via password, then our work posted here would probably be considered already published, and therefore would be ineligible for many other contests and submission to many magazines, etc.

I hope there's a misunderstanding here, and that this SPP forum is only accessible via password--in other words, that it is password-protected. I'm pretty sure this must be how John set it up and intended it. This concerns me.

Re: NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

Hello Bea,
I have been thinking about this very thing.
John often  said that the site was safe and our work protected from prying eyes because of the password.

I have wondered how members were able to post once the subs expired perhaps because the subs payments were not collected by PayPal this protection is gone. Before new persons could try the site out for four weeks then join if they wished other than that the host would shut down access. I don't think John did that manually.
If this is the case maybe members remaining should delete their work if they intend to publish.
I just don't know what to think now.

Peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER

I live in hope. Thanks for sponsoring moi

In a message dated 18/08/2016 18:28:35 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Great news Pat.

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/NEW-MESSAGE-FROM-JOHN-S-DAUGHTER-tp6596p6599.html
To unsubscribe from NEW MESSAGE FROM JOHN'S DAUGHTER, click here.
NAML