New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

KitKlein KitKlein

New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

I logged in today for the first time and was greatly saddened to learn about John's passing.  I've been enjoying the Academy lessons, and all the wisdom I've gained from John thus far.  I was looking forward to the Forum and the ongoing lessons.

I see that some of you are willing to work with John's family to keep things going.  I find that very encouraging.  Would love to have the benefit of more lessons and the community provided by the Forum.

By way of introduction, my name is Kit Klein.  I am working on children's literature, mostly middle grade.  I also have an idea for an adult story, based in a family crisis currently unfolding.  I live near St. Louis, Missouri, USA.  My background is in science education and educational research, which I hope to use in all my writing.

I will keep an eye on the Forum to see what the future brings.  I know I will continue to benefit from John's wisdom as my writing career progresses.

Re: New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

hello Kit ,
welcome to the site.
we are a forlorn pack at this time. But we do hope it will continue

Re: New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

Welcome, Kit. Yes, you've joined us at a rather sad time, and we don't know what the future holds, but we'll see what happens. Your background is very interesting, and I'd like to see some of your work.

Re: New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

Yes do keep signing in and why not post a piece while the site is active

Peggles
KitKlein KitKlein

Re: New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

Thank you Peggles and Bea for welcoming me to the group.  I will indeed continue to sign in and will post work.  I also have at least one question, and will post that as well.

It is clear that John's leadership created a strong community.  I appreciate the opportunity to participate.  Even if the fate of this forum is unclear at this point, I'm sure his legacy will be lasting in many different forms.
Kit
RosannaMarie RosannaMarie

Re: New to Group & Sad - Hoping to continue

Welcome, Kit.  Yes, it is a sad time for this vagabond group, but all will work out accordingly.

I live in Louisville, KY and my niece is a 2nd year resident @ St. Louis Children's Hsp.

Hope to see your writings.

Rosanna