RIP JOHN YEOMAN

This is a sad email I received last night.

Thank you for your email. It is with sadness that I pass on the news that
John Yeoman passed away peacefully this month (July). This email account is
no longer being regularly monitored, and the website and content will no
longer be updated.

John has left us somewhat in the dark about the detailed comings and goings
of his website and creative endeavours. I hope that you still manage to get
enjoyment from his little corner of the internet, however all incoming and
outgoing payments from the business Paypal account have been cancelled as of
13th July.

Thank you for your contributions thus far helping the community become the
success it has... and far more importantly, for keeping my dad entertained
in his retirement years.

peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

 I never pressed the flesh but with countless email banters and serious stuff he was my friend. I am so sad I Can't say.

Paul Minty (AKA Pat Linum)
Heather Marsten Heather Marsten

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

I am sorry to hear this, but it explains why my automatic payment for this site has been stopped. I thought I had done something to offend John with my posts. Hoping you are well.

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Hello, I suppose the site will eventually close down . Johns passing is such a great loss to the writing community

I am at at loss to express my sorrow

Peggies

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Hello Phill,

Yes it is sad and so unexpected. I knew he was not 100% but had no idea how sick he was.

I expect you know he had just started  story marg  another brillent idea with all income going to cancer funds.

Such a loss to all who had the privilege of knowing, learning  and working with him.

Peggles

Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

I share the sadness we all feel. But hey surely we will not sit back and let PP fold. We should be able to get to the bottom of how JY ran it and produce a forum based on his legacy. Someone must know how the family could be approached in due course.

 I found this quote which I find fitting and one JY would have liked. Cheers John
After the writer's death, reading his journal is like receiving a long letter. Jean Cocteau

Please reply

Paul Minty (AKA Pat Linum)

In a message dated 21/07/2016 08:12:40 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
Hello, I suppose the site will eventually close down . Johns passing is such a great loss to the writing community

I am at at loss to express my sorrow

Peggies

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/RIP-JOHN-YEOMAN-tp6271p6291.html
To unsubscribe from RIP JOHN YEOMAN, click here.
NAML

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

What a legacy that  would be in John's name.

I think there is a fair amount of cost involved domain name, paypal accounts, web hosting  and so on.
It would be wonderful if fellow members could stay in touch . the site has built up such a variety of talent
and rapport between members.
There may be another way of keeping it going.

perhaps in a week or so we could approach Celia  (Johns Wife) and see what she would like to do.

peggles
Pat Linum Pat Linum

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Indeed

As a retired accountant the cost factor had crossed my mind but I am sure we could figure that out and maybe help Celia out financially if possible and if she would like it.

A lot of if's but we can't let this wonderful asset slip away.

I hope the members will voice an opinion.

If (another if) you would care to talk this over after speaking to Celia feel free to call me. 44 (0)1633 904985

My wife Carol and I will raise a G&T to JY today.

Many thanks

Paul Minty (AKA Pat Linum)

In a message dated 21/07/2016 11:55:26 GMT Daylight Time, [hidden email] writes:
What a legacy that  would be in John's name.

I think there is a fair amount of cost involved domain name, paypal accounts, web hosting  and so on.
It would be wonderful if fellow members could stay in touch . the site has built up such a variety of talent
and rapport between members.
There may be another way of keeping it going.

perhaps in a week or so we could approach Celia  (Johns Wife) and see what she would like to do.

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/RIP-JOHN-YEOMAN-tp6271p6296.html
To unsubscribe from RIP JOHN YEOMAN, click here.
NAML

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Hello Pat,

Yes I would be willing to approach her, but I am not sure how I should word the request.
 When the right time will be ?. They may have already cancelled everything and we would need to start from scratch. Also should I wait a while to give the family time to mourn ?.
Or would such a question give them a needed boost.?

Should we first  find out how many and who would be willing  and able to take over such an enormous task and do him justice.?

peggles
Alex Rosel (WV) Alex Rosel (WV)

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

This is very sad news and my thoughts are with John's family at this time. He'll not only be sorely missed by those who were close to him, but also to those of us who only knew him as a font of knowledge and encouragement at the end of an Internet link.

555gleigh53 555gleigh53

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Peggles,
I am incredibly saddened by John's passing. It never occurred to me to question why the contact was not as frequent other than, "he is a busy man."  Then I received the email informing me that my auto-pay for Story Pen Pal had been cancelled by John Yeoman. I decided at that point to check out for a bit and make more attempt to keep up with my writing.  It is truly a fun group and that is one of the things John said to me when I expressed anxiety to post. As long as I can continue to log on, I will keep in touch to see what develops in keeping the group together.  It is amazing how quickly a bond can be formed between those of the same mindset.  I feel a friendship to so many with whom I have been able to contact.

The only thing that will be difficult in managing a program as defined as the legalities, whether or not his family can feel good about such an effort.  I am certain there is sufficient talent within the group to get things done but the distances between us may cause quite a challenge.

I am glad I stumbled on to this site.  I will continue to check in and see how things are progressing. Peggles, I know you must have done this already but please extend condolences to John's family.

John Yeoman, I am very glad I had a short while to know you via the media. SPP has lost a good friend and teacher.

Glendora Leigh
teacher

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Hello I have passed all messages on.

We must just wait now ans see if the site can be saved

Re: RIP JOHN YEOMAN

Hello, yes this is so sad and unexpected.
His daughter has replied to my email asking the family if we could keep the forum. I have posted her email on site.

It's a waiting game now while they have time to mourn.

Peggles