SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

elizabeth elizabeth

SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

Writers, please take notice that scrivener is an app and they own your files. If you want to use scrivener make sure you print every single editing you do.

Scrivener lost all my files and when contacted this is the answer I got "let's put this behind us."

The good reviews are written by the company's minions, most of them declared to be "programmers". One of the reviews, intended to compliment scrivener says- "I am a programmer. I thought I new scrivener after studying it for two years but as it turned out I didn't."

Scrivener is not the most unreliable app-- it is umpredictable and unreliable. I'm now becoming aware that many other writers had lost their work as well (I wish I knew it sooner).

Re: SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

Oh my goodness Elizabeth how terrible for you.
Their response was disgraceful .

Thank you for the warning

peggles
stillmind stillmind

Re: SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

Hi Elizabeth
I have been using Scrivener on my PC for quite a while. I know that it produces backup files but I regularly back those up to a separate drive as well.

When you say it is an app, are you using it on a 'pad' and saving documents 'in the cloud'?

I thought Scrivener was a computer program?

Cheers
Phill.H
Best Wishes from
Phill.H
Dairn Undah (New South Wales Australia)
RosannaMarie RosannaMarie

Re: SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

It is good that you are sharing this, Elizabeth.  It forewarns others.

I think you need a good FBI agent to help you. Maybe someone there can help you. If they found Hillary's 30,000 deleted e-mails, they can help you find your files in some distant cloud.

Making jest, my friend. It is such a shame!!

Rosanna
elizabeth elizabeth

Re: SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

Yes, people that loses a child to a drunk driver finds respite by warning others and working against the evil so prevalent in this world.

It makes me believe I'm doing something to heal myself as well.

Your friend,
Liz
---- "RosannaMarie [via Story PenPal]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is good that you are sharing this, Elizabeth.  It forewarns others.
>
> I think you need a good FBI agent to help you. Maybe someone there can help
> you. If they found Hillary's 30,000 deleted e-mails, they can help you find
> your files in some distant cloud.
>
> Making jest, my friend. It is such a shame!!
>
> Rosanna

elizabeth elizabeth

Re: SCRIVENER DESTROYED ALL MY FILES

Yes, it was Peggles. I'm receiving a lot of support from other writers and doing everything I can to recover emotionally from this shock.

the only good that came out of it was that perhaps others won't have to go through what I had gone through.

Thank you,
Liz