a wave from across the seas

Teeya Teeya

a wave from across the seas

Hello friendly writers! My name is Teeya, I live in Australia but have a Canadian accent. Very happy to be part of this forum!
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: a wave from across the seas

Welcome, Teeya! We are a very polyglot group. Just yesterday I lunched with a member who was born in London, but lived most of his life in Australia, and had a delightful accent that was entirely his own. You're in good company

Re: a wave from across the seas

This post was updated on .
Hello.

Welcome to penpal. Look around and enjoy.

Peggles
Teeya Teeya

Re: a wave from across the seas

Thank you John, I knew I would be in good company, in any accent you say it!
Teeya Teeya

Re: a wave from across the seas

Thanks Peggles!
Melodye Collins Melodye Collins

Re: a wave from across the seas

Hello Teeya,
     I am sure you are going to enjoy being part of Story-Penpals and I look forward to reading some of your work.
             Melodye.
Teeya Teeya

Re: a wave from across the seas

Hi Melodye, thanks for your welcome!
engemi ferreira engemi ferreira

Re: a wave from across the seas

Hi there Teeya
I think you are our first member from 'down under'. I find it fascinating to be amongst so many 'tongues'. I am am Afrikaans speaking South African, where we have 11 official languages, but I grew up in Namibia where we had seven, maybe eight totally different languages, amongst them the Khoisan (Bushmen) language, which I could speak as I had a friend called !Hui, the exclamation mark indicating a kind of flat smacking sound; we happily went on in our own languages until one day my father discovered that we understood each other perfectly. Only then did we become conscious of this and became quite shy for some time. Good memories remained though
Hope you enjoy being on the forum
engemi
stillmind stillmind

Re: a wave from across the seas

Hi John,
You havn't as yet mentioned the "Seat" and the plaque to be mounted on the wall above the "Seat".

Best Wishes from
Phill.H
Dairn Undah (New South Wales Australia)