where to send finished work

From members experience,

Which is best to approach with unsolicited work and why.
Agents or Publishers.

thanks in advance

peggles
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: where to send finished work

The answer is simple, peggles. Approach Agents - if you're seeking stardom, but only if you have enough Vallium in your cupboard to handle 12 months of rejections, equivocations and blatant non-response.

Or Publishers - if you want to short-circuit the process.

Yes, there are still a lot of reputable independent publishers who will accept non-agented submissions. Interested? Let me know and I'll email you some links.

What are other members' experiences of approaching agents or publishers?

Re: where to send finished work

Good morning John,
hope you are keeping well.
No not looking for instant fame just a decent publisher and perhaps see five years work in print.
Please do send links all help is welcome.
It will be interesting to see other members response.

peggles

Sent from my iPad

On 9 Jun 2016, at 22:30, John Yeoman [via Story PenPal] <[hidden email]> wrote:

The answer is simple, peggles. Approach Agents - if you're seeking stardom, but only if you have enough Vallium in your cupboard to handle 12 months of rejections, equivocations and blatant non-response.

Or Publishers - if you want to short-circuit the process.

Yes, there are still a lot of reputable independent publishers who will accept non-agented submissions. Interested? Let me know and I'll email you some links.

What are other members' experiences of approaching agents or publishers?

http://story-penpal.1118678.n5.nabble.com/where-to-send-finished-work-tp5741p5744.html
To unsubscribe from where to send finished work, click here.
NAML
John Yeoman John Yeoman

Re: where to send finished work

Here are three possible sources, peggles. A Google search 'publishers who accept unagented submissions' will reveal more. Needless to say, avoid any publisher that advertises for submissions. (A vanity press!)

https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/40-publishers-who-accept-unsolicited-manuscripts/
http://publishedtodeath.blogspot.co.uk/p/publishers-looking-for-authors.html
http://publishedtodeath.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/6-publishers-accepting-unsolicited.html